Getting medical care from the doctor’s office is usually pretty straightforward, but what about when you want to get medical care from home?
Some people are turning to online healthcare providers because they don’t have a regular family doctor. Others are looking for more affordable care. But before you search “online doctors near me,” there are some things you need to know first.
What Are Online Doctors?
Online doctors are classified as telehealth providers. Telehealth is the use of technology to provide healthcare from a distance. Online doctors are just one way of providing care from a distance.
How It Works?
Doctor Online is an online health care service that allows you to get medical care without ever having to leave your home. The service works by first taking a series of questions about your symptoms, then matching them to the most appropriate doctor in their database.
After choosing a doctor, you will be able to consult with them live over video chat. If prescription drugs are needed for your treatment, Doctor Online can also send them straight to your door in just a few hours!
When Should You Get Medical Care Online?
Here is a list of five important things to know before getting online medical care:
- Make sure that the provider has a license and is registered with the Medical Board in your state.
- Ask about the qualifications of the doctors and staff members providing care.
- Understand what types of services he or she offers and how much it costs for each service.
- Select an accredited provider with a clear process for handling complaints, including how to file one.
- Find out how easy it is to reach someone by phone or email if you ever have any problems or questions about your treatment plan.
What Makes Online Care Different?
The biggest difference between online medical care and in-person medical care is your practitioners’ lack of physical contact with you. When you go to the doctor’s office, they have a chance to look at your symptoms and ask questions. They can also order tests and prescribe medication on the spot. Online doctors don’t have that opportunity, so they need more detail upfront.
Another difference is the cost. In-person care tends to be much more expensive, while online care can be more affordable. But there are tradeoffs in both situations, so it’s important to do some research before deciding where to get your medical care.
How Do You Find A Good Online Doctor?
The first thing you need to know is what qualifies as an online doctor. There are three types of online doctors:
- A telemedicine company that will provide you with a phone consultation
- An online clinic where you can chat with a doctor over video
- A virtual doctor who operates exclusively via the internet
According to the American Telemedicine Association, there are about 1,000 telemedicine companies across the country. To find a reliable one, you first need to do your research and make sure they’re licensed. Then, take a look at reviews from other people who have used that particular company before.
The key is finding one that has the best reviews from people who would be most like you. For example, if you’re pregnant and looking for an online clinic for prenatal care advice, don’t just go with the first option available–find out which one offers more comprehensive prenatal care.